Natural Flea & Tick Products
Is there an age restriction for the Natural Flea & Tick products?
- The dog formulations can be used on any age dog and the cat formulations can be used on any age cat.
- If using on an animal that still has pups or kittens nursing, it is recommended to wash the teat area in order to remove the taste as to not deter the pups or kittens from feeding.
- It is recommended to contact a veterinarian prior to using on newborn, debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant or nursing animals.
- It is important for body temperature to be maintained until completely dry.
Can the Natural Flea & Tick dog formula products be used on a cat and vice versa?
- You can use the cat formula on a dog, but you cannot use the dog formula on a cat.
- The cat product is specifically formulated for cats which contains a lower concentration of oils.
How often can you apply the Natural Flea & Tick products?
- The products can be applied as often as desired. If you apply too often you may see a buildup of oils on the fur which can be removed by bathing animal.
- The dog formulation is effective on fleas for up to 7 days.
- The cat formulation does not have a residual effect due to the minimal amount of oils used.
How long does it take for the Natural Flea & Tick products to start working?
- It can take up to 15-30 minutes to kill the flea.
- This product kills fleas through direct contact.
If a human is pregnant can the Natural Flea & Tick products be used in the home?
- The Natural Flea & Tick products do not cause any harm to humans.
Can you use the Natural Flea & Tick products in the home?
- We do not recommend using the products in the home as the natural oils can cause discoloration.
- If decided to be used around the home, we recommend doing a colorfastness test prior to use.
Can the Natural Flea & Tick products be used in conjunction with other flea treatments?
- We cannot recommend using our products with other flea medications. Consult with your veterinarian prior to using multiple flea treatments.
Why do the Natural Flea & Tick products cause the coat of my dog/cat to turn yellow?
- The oils in the product are naturally brown/beige in color. This can cause discoloration. It is not permanent and will wear off.
- If you would like to remove it you can use Dawn dish soap or something similar to help breakdown the oils.
The Natural Flea & Tick products are natural. Why are there health restrictions such as wearing gloves, harmful to skin, etc?
- On older labels there are precautionary statements as the products are considered a pesticide, however, on current labels there are no precautionary statements as the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) has deemed the active ingredients as non-hazardous.
- Natural Yard & Kennel Spray does have precautionary statements as the oils are a higher concentration.
- All pesticides should be handled with care, no pesticide should be considered “safe”. After all their intent is to kill pests.
Are essential oils toxic to cats?
- Essential oils in high concentrations can be harmful to humans and animals alike, however, our products contain minimal amounts of oils (only enough to have efficacy of the product).
What are the other ingredients in the Natural Flea & Tick products?
- Water and vanillin (vanillin is a vanilla extract alternative made from wood pulp).
Does the Natural Flea & Tick products kill eggs and larvae?
- It only kills the adult fleas.
Can the Natural Flea & Tick products be used on horses and chicken coops?
- The products have not been tested and is not recommended for use on other animals besides cats and dogs.
Do you apply the Natural Flea & Tick Shampoo’s to a dry or wet coat?
- We recommend using it on a damp coat, but not soaking wet.
SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) is known to be cancerous, is it in the Natural Flea & Tick products?
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a surfactant which is found in many products such as soaps, shampoo’s toothpaste, etc. SLS as per the EPA is an active ingredient that is exempt from the requirements of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act under the minimum risk exemption regulations in 40 CFR 152.25(f).
Can you use the dog DeFlea Pet & Bedding Spray on a cat?
- The DeFlea Pet & Bedding Spray intended for dogs cannot be used on cats.
- The product is slightly acidic and since cats are self-groomers it may cause irritation to their tongues.
- We have a DeFlea Pet & Bedding Spray that is formulated specifically for cats.
Can DeFlea Pet & Bedding Spray for dogs be used in a home with a cat?
- DeFlea Pet & Bedding Spray can be used around the home if there is a cat present, the product just cannot be used directly on the cat.
Can the DeFlea Powder products be used on a cat or in a home with a cat?
- The DeFlea Powder products are specifically formulated for use on carpets and dogs only. The product may be used in a home where a cat is present, however, it is not recommended to use the product directly on a cat.
Is there an age restriction with the DeFlea products?
- All DeFlea products (except the DeFlea Pet & Bedding Spray for Cats) have a 12 week age restriction. Use before 12 weeks is not recommended.
- DeFlea Pet & Bedding Spray for Cats is formulated with different ingredients which allows the product to be used on any age cat. We do recommend checking with a veterinarian prior to use on newborn, debilitated, aged, medicated, nursing or pregnant animals.
- It is important for body temperature to be maintained until completely dry.
Do you have to leave the home when using the DeFlea products around the home?
- It is not necessary to leave the home while using any of our products, however, some of the products have a strong scent.
How often can you apply the DeFlea products?
- The DeFlea is formulated to be used in 3 day intervals.
- DeFlea Pet & Bedding Spray for Cats is a different formulation and this product can be used as necessary.
After using the DeFlea product the pet still has fleas?
- It can take several treatments to fully eradicate a flea infestation. Since the product does not kill eggs or larvae, you want to ensure you are using every 3 days to kill any new fleas that may hatch before they lay new eggs and thus breaking the cycle of the flea. The product also does not have any residual (it kills on contact) and once dried there is nothing killing or protecting your pet from new fleas. You want to ensure you are treating the home to prevent any cross transfer. For instance, fleas can continue to live in your vacuum cleaner so be sure to clean it out regularly.
What is the dilution rate of the DeFlea Yard Spray?
- If unable to connect the DeFlea Yard Spray to a garden hose the product can be diluted in a spray apparatus using a 3:1 Ratio.
Why doesn’t the DeFlea Shampoo lather?
- The shampoo do not contain a surfactant (used for foaming) which is why it is not thick and does not foam like most shampoos. But the lack of lather does not indicate that the product is ineffective. Simply use the product per the instructions on the bottle for the best results.
Can you use the DeFlea products on a pregnant animal?
- We recommend speaking with a veterinarian prior to using the product on pregnant animals.
What are the ingredients in the DeFlea products?
- Dioctyl Sodium Sulfate: Found in pharmaceutical laxatives, it’s a softening agent that softens the exoskeleton of the fleas.
- Undecylic Acid: Derivative of castor bean oil which is the ingredient that kills the fleas.
- Other Ingredients: Filtered water.
What are the ingredients in the DeFlea Pet & Bedding Spray for Cats?
- Cinnamon Oil and Cottonseed Oil. Other Ingredients: Water, Soap, Glycerin and Myristic Acid.
- Glycerin: is found in soaps and other beauty products like lotions. It is a humectant which means it attracts water (moisture).
- Myristic Acid: is a fatty acid found in nutmeg, palm oil, coconut oil as well as animal fats. Myristic Acid is used in the beauty industry a for fragrance ingredient, surfactant, cleansing agent and emulsifier.
Do the DeFlea products it kill eggs and larvae?
- The products only kills the adult fleas.
- You will want to treat animals every 3 days until the cycle of the infestation is broken.
- Also treat home daily to help break the flea cycle faster.
Can you use the DeFlea products with other flea products?
- We cannot recommend using our products with other flea medications. We recommend speaking with a veterinarian prior to using multiple types of flea treatments.
How do you remove DeFlea from fur?
- The DeFlea products do not have a residual effect so applying water to the coat of the pet will remove the product.
Can the DeFlea products be used on humans?
- Our products have only been tested for the uses outlined on the label. We do not recommend using the product outside the label parameters which would include human use.
Why do the DeFlea products not work on sarcoptic mange?
- Our products have been tested to kill fleas, however, sarcoptic mange usually requires certain types of medication from a veterinarian as this mite burrows under the skin.
Can the DeFlea products be used on rabbits, ferrets and other small animals?
- Unfortunately our products have not been tested for use on rabbits, ferrets or other small animals. We do not recommend using the products outside of label parameters.
Dental Cleanse Products
If there are both dogs and cats drinking from the same water bowl can you use just one of the products?
- The dog and cat labeled bottles contain the same formula and directions.
- Both dogs and cats can share the same bowl of water.
How often can you apply Dental Cleanse to the water?
- Once a day to a fresh bowl of water.
How long until you will start noticing a difference from Dental Cleanse?
- Its starts working right away. It is a preventative product so the result time can vary from animal to animal depending on what the existing issue may be.
Are the enzyme products natural and not toxic?
- Our enzymes are comprised of naturally based ingredients and are considered non-hazardous as per the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
What are the enzyme products made of?
- Our naturally based enzyme formulations are proprietary blends, we cannot disclose exact ingredients.
Can you use Smells & Stains in the laundry machine?
- Smells & stains works as it dries. Adding the product to the washing machine would dilute the product to a point where it would not be effective. The best option would be a presoak/spot treatment allowing product to dry then washing.
- Skunks Etc. can be used in the washing machine if desired. Apply ¼ of the bottle of Skunks Etc. to the washing machine without laundry soap and wash as usual.
Can Smells & Stains be used in carpet cleaner?
- Smells & Stains can be used in a carpet cleaner using a 50/50 ratio.
Can you use Healthy Habitat when pets are in the cage? Is rinsing necessary?
- Healthy Habitat can be used even while the pet is in the habitat and there is no rinsing necessary.
Why didn’t the Skunks Etc. work?
- To yield best results we recommend shampooing before adding Skunks Etc. This will help break down the oils from the skunk spray allowing the product to work easier. The product can also be applied without dilution for heavily skunked areas.
Can you use Waterless Bath for cats on a dog and vice versa?
- Yes the products are the same, it’s just the size of the bottle that is different.
Ruffled Feathers Products
Can you spray the Ruffled Feathers products directly on the bird or is it only for the cage?
- Bird Mite and Lice Spray: Can be used on birds and in the cage.
- Bird Cage Cleaner & Deodorizer: Only for use on/in cage
- Bird Cage Odor Eliminator: Only for use on/in cage
- Bird Bath & Feather Groom: Only for use on birds
How often can you use the Ruffled Feathers products?
- Bird Mite and Lice Spray: No more than twice per week
- Bird Cage Cleaner & Deodorizer: As often as needed
- Bird Cage Odor Eliminator: As often as needed
- Bird Bath & Feather Groom: As often as needed
Reptile Spray Products
Can Reptile Spray be used on hermit crabs, spiders and turtles?
- The product should only be used on reptiles so the product can be used on turtles, however, the product cannot be used on amphibians such as frogs and toad. It can also not be used on spiders and hermit crabs.
- Spiders and hermit crabs have an exoskeleton. Reptile Spray contains Dioctyl Sodium Sulfate which is found in pharmaceutical laxatives and it softens the exoskeleton then there is Undecylic Acid which is derivative of castor bean oil and is the ingredient that attacks the internal organs once the exoskeleton is softened.
Can Reptile Spray be used on chameleons?
- Chameleons are very sensitive so we recommend speaking to your local reptile specialist before applying.
Do you have to remove the reptile from habitat while spraying it with Reptile Spray?
- We recommend removing the reptile from the habitat so it can be thoroughly cleaned.